Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Electric hot water tanks - thermostat

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:43:19 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

"jim" wrote in message
On Feb 17, 6:49 am, "RBM" wrote:

This is slightly OT, but I have 8-unit apartment complexes that run
off of 150 gal electric tanks and no one ever complains about lack of
hot water.

Residential electric water heaters use 2- 4.5 KW (standard) elements,
operating one at a time, to heat the water. Commercial electric water
heaters can use more and higher KW elements in the same size tanks, so
they
have much faster recovery- Hide quoted text -

Stagger your showers have you drained the sediment from the tanks and
cut the time save a bundle on Hydro never understood why people waste
so much mony on showers.

I don't think people consider it a "waste", to spend their money on things
that they enjoy, whether it be long hot showers, steak dinners, or luxury
cars.

I solved that problem. I cook my steaks on the engine and take my
showers in the car.