Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Aluminum jeep frame

What's that Lassie? You say that Ed Huntress fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:48:00 -0500:

Can you have an entire Jeep frame hot-dip galvanized? I've never seen
anything bigger than about the size of a toaster oven done that way. But
maybe the frames come in pieces?

Yes you can. I think the catalog is called Quadratec.
They have frames for CJ5 and CJ7, and one of the many options is hot
dipped galv. That should do it, unless you cut into it.

They can even include a 2" receiver in the rear crossmember.

found the link: http://www.quadratec.com/

and here is a link to the one of the frames:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/56011_08D_T.htm
The HDG comes with a 10 year rust through warranty
Dan
--

Dan