Seppo Renfors

Default Question re. Copper artifact Canadian Arctic former CopperCasting In America (Trevelyan)

"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote:

"Inger E Johansson" wrote:
Floyd L,
I wonder which type of carpenter's plane you are believing we are talking
about. Found a photo of an alike at a Hembygdsmuseum(a district's local
museum) look at the 'hyvel' in the bottom:
http://medlem.spray.se/ffk_hjo/index-6.html_foremalfor lager image push on the photo.

This wasn't a tool anyone from Scandinavia would trade.
It wasn't a tool you would expect to be used outside the farm where the
owner had it or if the owner belonged to a Guild which had started in 14th
century(or earlier), he wouldn't dream to give it to an other person at all.

Snicker. Keep trying... the fact is that *anything* on a ship
that had metal in it (never mind sharp metal) was by definition
a "trade item".

Certain items are necessary for the ship and the safe operation of the
ship and therefor are NOT by any definition trade goods. "Trade goods"
are those items that have been loaded on board a ship for the purpose
of trade. EG, glass beads. At least get your terminology right, as a
starter.

[..]

--
SIR - Philosopher unauthorised
The one who is educated from the wrong books is not educated, he is