Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison[_2_] Robert Allison[_2_] is offline

Default No shower curbs

MiamiCuse wrote:
"Robert Allison" wrote in message

Snipped

I forgot to mention that some frameless incorporate these clear channels
when the walls or floor are not straight or not flat enough to use just
silicone. You can see examples he

http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPag...4.html?Origin=

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Thanks Robert.

In looking at these frameless glass basically "glue" at top and bottom, free
on one end and bracketed on the other...I wonder if this would be a safety
issue in case someone for example, slip on the tile and not thinking and
hold out their hands in hope of the glass panel will break their fall only
to crash through it...They need to be thick structural glass 1/2" minimum
don't they?

MC

The frameless that I have dealt with are never free on one end.
Allowances are made to somehow attach each corner, even if it
terminates in thin air, so to speak. They would attach to the
ceiling and floor.

They ARE rather thick, probably 3/8" or 1/2", and they are safety
glass. It would be difficult, but not impossible to break the
glass, IMHO. That thought has never entered my mind when dealing
with these showers, except when they are carrying them in to the
jobsite, or if they are stored onsite. Once installed, they seem
quite strong.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.