Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default How many fluorescent light fixtures?

Tony Hwang wrote:
MiamiCuse wrote:

Any idea how to determine how many fluorescent light fixtures I need
to lit a garage 22'x22'x8'H?

I am thinking of getting this:

http://www.lightmart.com/index.asp?P...D&ProdID=19062

Parabolic Surface Troffer 18 CELL 3x32 T8

I wonder if I need 2 or 4 or more of these...any thoughts?

Thanks,

MC

Hi,
It's upto you. I have two double fixture. If you work a lot in the
garage, I'd have at minimum 4 double ones. You don't need shadow when
you work. My garage is for parking cars, nothing else.

If you work on cars, concentrate the light around the perimeter of the
garage and not the middle - the light in the middle will prove useless
when you are working under the hood.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.