Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Anon[_2_] Anon[_2_] is offline

Default lathe accident link..... It will make you sick if you look at the pics

Hi All

I have an 18" chuck on an old VDF lathe with 10 KW pushing it along.
Every time I turn it on I see those photos.

It now scares the crap out of me.

And so it should.

This was no setup it was a real accident.
Here It Is
http://www.nclabor.com/news/ledger/04NovDec.pdf

Yours Faithfully

John McNamara Australia.

"Roger_N" wrote in message
Is this accident in the news anywhere? Just wondering because I know some
do experiments with corpses and the body doesn't look very fresh to me.
Of course it could be just the time between the accident and the pictures
but some parts of the picture look like it just happened but the body
doesn't look like the person just died. Kind of makes me wonder if this
was a real accident or a safety study of some sort. If it was a real
accident, there should be a news story or obituary notice somewhere.

"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message
. ..
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=27486