Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] chilangopolaco@gmail.com is offline

Default slab movement 1.5" within 40 feet

On Feb 16, 10:47*pm, Robert Allison wrote:
wrote:
I am planning to buy a house. Hill country, Austin TX. The house was
built in 1978, 3BR, 1800 sq feet, 2 stories. The soil is rather
"rocky" there. As I saw a couple of diagonal crack coming from the
windows I contracted a foundation inspector to check up the slab
underneath the house. He came over and took measurements (he used some
powered device with an antenna). The outcome of the measurements is in
the attached link. Do you think that 1.5" difference within 40 feet is
in tolerance ? He recommended that no foundation repair is needed. I
am a little concerned though so I seek a second opinion. Pls let me
know - thanks so much
Martin

http://www.newhouse.com-a.googlepage...Untitled-1.jpg

Almost forgot! *Welcome to Austin!

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

thanks Rob !! appreciate your comments !