Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default fluorescent shop light puzzle

You could install new bulbs and a couple of FS-4 starters, and you'd
probably be OK, but since the thing is such an antique, you'd be better off
getting a new two light F32T8 shop fixture. It'll give more light and run
cheaper, not to mention, start instantly

wrote in message
The fluorescent shop light in my garage (2 bulbs) stopped turning on
via the pull-chain. For a time, the bulbs would light if I twisted
them a bit, but then that stopped too. I removed one of the starters,
thinking it might need replacing, and discovered that as I removed it
the bulb lit. Now I'm able to light both bulbs by briefly inserting
and then removing the starter for each bulb. The bulbs light as the
starter is being removed. What gives? And will new starters restore
normal function, or is something else wrong with this lamp?

Thanks.

Lynn Willis