Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default btu,s on new stove.?

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:05:42 GMT, "J.Lef" wrote:

Hello:
I am original poster, and thanks for all the
which has a built in wall oven, and a cooktop. The cooktop is pretty much
shot.
We are in need of a second oven, plus a larger oven. We are
replacing the cooktop with a range. My wife wants the stockpots to boil
faster, plus she wants a highpower for doing some flat bottom wok cooking to
a greater degree of satisfaction then the existing burners.
As far as cookware which has been mentioned, we use all-clad,
which is quick heating and even heating, plus crueset dutch ovens. So its
not cookware.
The cooking portion will also have a fifth center
burner(oblong), which wil handle odd sized cooking vessels(of which we have
a lot), plus the wife says four burners are not enough during holiday times.
Plus it has continuous grates, and sealed burners, which we do not have now.
We have ordered the moderately priced g.e. jgbp88demww. (list
about 1100) We picked it up for around 795 plus tax.
Starting reconstruction next monday, and should take about two weeks.
Will report on stove at that time.

Thanks to all

Thanks. The additional information helps fill in the blanks.
Congratulations on your new purchase and good luck with the other
renovations.

Cheers,
Paul