Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.components
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Exchanging Parts Any one? I have lots of NPN, and I want some PNP like Tip145, Tip146, Tip147

MOSFET's die so easily, do google search on "Mosfet failure" you will see
what I mean. It depends on the application really, MOSFET's are still
good
for other applications but not to drive heavy duty coils that has a AC
kick-back effect. If MOSFET's were used in your vehicle, 99% of the
traffic will stop moving.

Have you noticed that it has the latch effect? Just like you toggle the
switch on and off.

Bull****. I've been using MOSFETs for years, failure is very rare. They
*are* used in my car as the injector drivers, as well as many other cars.
They're also used all the time in industrial motor drivers, coil drivers,
high powered tesla coils, virtually everywhere. They're very durable parts
so long as you protect them from ESD and use them within their
specifications.