Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.components
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Exchanging Parts Any one? I have lots of NPN, and I want some PNP like Tip145, Tip146, Tip147

"Camsid" wrote in :

MOSFET's die so easily, do google search on "Mosfet failure" you will
see what I mean. It depends on the application really, MOSFET's are
still good for other applications but not to drive heavy duty coils that
has a AC kick-back effect. If MOSFET's were used in your vehicle, 99%
of the traffic will stop moving.

Many are intended for switching high current loads, and have protection
diodes built in, and can have more added. I'm fairly sure a varistor or zener
will punish any errant spikes forcibly enough, too.

Have you noticed that it has the latch effect? Just like you toggle the
switch on and off.

That might be a problem, not sure though, I don't know enough about them to
comment more.