Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spa / hottub keeps tripping

On Feb 16, 12:45*am, "SteveB" wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

We never doubted you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"cold ribs" wrote in messagenews:snrsj.30$sh.24@trnddc07....
Well, thank you everyone. *A brand new 50amp breaker seems to have taken
care of the problem! *

IIRC, I suggested that as one of the first ten respondents. *Anyway, glad
it's done. *The metal in breakers gets heated over and over and over losing
its springiness. *A breaker can be "good", but trip when their is nothing
wrong just because of the thermal effects of repetitive heating. *I was told
this by an electrician with forty years of experience.

Steve

I might be wrong, but with no mention of GFCI, it appears he just
replaced the existing standard breaker with another standard breaker.