Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Alasdair Campbell[_2_] Alasdair Campbell[_2_] is offline

Default Sharp 28JW-73H - Intermittent Flicker

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 01:58:02 +0000, Yukio YANO wrote:
I assume we are talking about CRT Display !

Yes, sorry for not making that clearer.

A problem with the Degaussing Circuit ?? affecting the Electron
Beam,only. Not the Power Supply and the Sync , and Video circuits

After a few seconds the Degaussing circuits should shut down. In this
case , it does not ! and would apparently affect all inputs.

It could be degaussing related, as when power is applied from cold, the
problem takes a few minutes to appear. After successive power cycles, the
problem is immediate. Perhaps that's a red herring though.

It looks like my CRT Monitor, a few seconds into Warm-up when the
Degaussing Circuit is still Active !

The Flicker is due to the fact that your scan rate isn't the same or
close to the
Power Line Frequency ???

Yukio YANO

Which board in a modern CRT controls the scan rate?

Alasdair