Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:55:22 -0800 (PST), wrote:
sales tax has lots of wierd rules

Home depot told me there was sales tax on everything except the permit.

They tax the heater at 8.75%, they tax the $400 service at the same rate so
just the tax is about $70 USD (assuming a $400 heater + $400 service).

Given the permit is a tax of its own kind, I'm kind'a surprised they don't
tax the tax out here.