Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave[_21_] Dave[_21_] is offline

Default Frigiddaire 50 pint dehumidifier question

""Blattus Slafaly £ ¥ 0/00 "" wrote in
message ...
Dave wrote:
I have this unit. It works fine, but the settings on it are 50, 60, 70%
and continuous. I read a review on this unit a while back where a person
plugged the unit into an external dehumidistat and put the dehumidifier
on continuous setting. He said the external dehumidistat settings ranged
from 20% to 80%. He said the external unit did a good job of controlling
the dehumidifier. I would like to be able to get my Frigidaire down to 20
to 40% when needed. I have my woodshop in my basement and on real humid
and rainy days I want to set it to a lower level. I don't want my saw
table top or other tools to be in danger of rusting. My question is, do
any of you know where I can buy an external unit?
Thanks for your help.

Humidity doesn't hurt you. You're just wasting energy and producing more
C02.

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8\

That's good if I'm producing more CO2, the plants in my house can use it,
that way they'll produce more O2 for my family to breath. I don't believe
any of the crap the Al Gore-ite's are spewing out.