Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Will a HD plasma TV biought in Canada work in UK??

In article
,
BLOGGZPOT wrote:
sorry if this question is OT for this group but thought I'd give it a
go. I am returning to UK and have a relatively new ( 6 months old) HD
plasma TV I want to bring back if poss. - I know 'normal' TV's won't
work but are plasma any different? ( bear with me I'm not techie-just
press the button and hope it works sort of person). i ve heard you can
buy a plug in to transform the tv from NTSC to PAL -i would be using a
cable or sattelite system if that changes anything. thanks

First, is it capable of running on 240 volts? The UK is nominally 230 but
in practice still 240.

SCART connectors are the norm in the UK and a FreeView STB that gives all
the free UK TV services will probably be fine fed RGB. Same with cable and
satellite. Composite video of course probably won't work. Most UK TVs will
display a composite NTSC signal, but I don't think the reverse is true.

--
*We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.