Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Where to find PCB LED assemblies

hr(bob) wrote:
On Feb 15, 11:22 am, "James Sweet" wrote:
Another example of fashion before practicality? Power consumption of such
things in cars ain't important and LEDs which are bright enough without
being pulse driven exist. More expensive, though.

They're pulse driven to give multiple brightness levels. Low as markers,
then they get bright when the brakes are activated. It has nothing to do
with increasing the max brightness.

There are auto parts stores in the USA that sell "drop-in" replacement
led lamps,. Murray's auto parts is one store in the Chicago suburbs
that I know my son-in-law has purchased them from (to dangle a
preposition).

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Most of these I've seen have disclaimers on the packaging stating that
they are not DOT approved.

jak