Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg O Greg O is offline

Default Trying to form a Union

"William Wixon" wrote in message

in a previous discussion on this topic someone said non-union people are
profiting from the past (not insubstantial) sacrifices of previous union
members. what do you suppose your pay would be if the union wasn't there
or if there never was a union?

b.w.

I don't think the union effects our wages at all. There is very little power
in the union in this area. What affects our wages in this area in supply and
demand. We have a big problem hiring good people, and when we find one, we
like to keep them! We are continually hiring looking for good workers.
I get job offers from other companies very often. Some offer more money than
I make with this company, but I like it here so I am no hurry to go. I am
lead service tech and get to pick and choose my work, plus company truck,
company cell phone, come and go when I want, (to a point), so life is pretty
comfy right here.
Greg