Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Bristan shower mixer

"A.Lee" wrote in message
GB wrote:

I have a Bristan thermostatic shower mixer, which is only giving out a
meagre amount of not very hot water. I suspect that it has got furred up
inside. Is it possible to do anything about that, short of buying a new
one?

Here for the spares:
http://showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/bristan/index.html
It may have a cartridge assembly that needs replacing, though it could
be just limescaled up.

Also, I have not been able to find any isolation valves. I take it that
these mixers don't have automatic valves in them that shut off the water
if
the central hub part is removed for servicing?

Thats right, no isolation valves inside the unit.
With the water off, it'd be a good time to fit new iso valves. Get the
full bore version for showers, not the cheaper one that restricts flow.
Alan.

Thanks - both answers are brilliant!