Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can an old (1962) telephone be connected to a modern BT socket?

On 15 Feb 2008 11:57:51 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Especially if you are stripping it with your teeth at the time.

It took me a while to work out why I was getting belts from a BT block I
was attaching lines to for an OB. It was issing with rain, I was soaked
and standing in a puddle. All the lines where controls, 4 wires or musics
ie no volts. I then remembered that we also hada DEL...

I got fed up Telex lines were even worse (up to 160V peak AC when
ringing).

Didn't think telex lines rang as such but the data is +/- 80v from a hi-z
source. I don't think I've been daft enough to come into contact with the
fed to the magnet on my Creed 444 (or any of te other mechanical telex
machines I've had in the past).

--
Cheers
Dave.