Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Soaked basement carpet

On Feb 15, 8:44�am, "desgnr" wrote:
How does a French drain work ?
I notice the water is coming from the middle of the room,away from the
walls.
Where would i put the drain ?"Phisherman" wrote in message

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:05:22 GMT, "desgnr" wrote:

I have wall to wall carpeting in my basement on a concrete floor.
Water comes up through the concrete about once or twice a year when we
have
steady rain.
Is there any solution for this problem,since i don't see any cracks in the
concrete, just the water seems to appear.

Remove the carpeting. �Fix the water issue (proper drainage,
downspouts, grading, sealing concrete, French drain, etc). � When you
notice you have a dry basement for 2-3 years, install the carpeting or
better yet vinyl flooring.- Hide quoted text -

normally around perimeter although a section running to the water
source can be added easily at the time of initial installation. its a
good idea if its a major source