Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hints for finding replacement buttons?

On Feb 15, 6:48*am, "Ron(UK)" wrote:
N Cook wrote:
Ron(UK) wrote in message
N Cook wrote:
Ron(UK) wrote in message
. ..
N Cook wrote:
Hamad bin Turki al Salami wrote in message
I deal with a number of vintage devices, refurbishing and reselling
them. One of the annoyances I have is dealing with missing or broken
buttons (and knobs, dials, etc.). As silly as it may seem, something
like a missing button cap, that has no functional effect on the

device,
can dramatically lower the value and salability of a device.

Now, if there's an electronic component that's broken, I at least

know
how to look for it, by its electrical specs or even its model number.