Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Consumer unit trips without reason that I can find

In message
,
" writes

It sounds like you're describing an RCD tripping on a split load
consumer unit (post a pic so we can verify this). Does the switch that
trips say something like "30mA" and have a test button it?

As your electrician says, it's probably a faulty appliance that's
passing a little too much earth leakage - combined with the small
allowable leakages that is normal with many appliances.

Dishwasher.

In my case, heater element, although I am concerned about steam getting
places it shouldn't via the bottom door seal.

regards

--
Tim Lamb