Leo Lichtman

Default Arc welder and house lights/appliances

"Chipper Wood" wrote: (clip) Electrically producing your own Oxygen from
water will also produce twice the amount of Hydrogen gas. You would also
need to compress the gasses somewhat for use in a torch. Some serious
hazards to consider. (clip)
I have a book on welding which describes a setup for oxy-hydrogen welding
based on this exact technique. The water is broken down to a mixture of
hydrogen and oxygen by electric current. This flows to a torch, where it
burns, and the only combustion product is water vapor. The flame is
supposed to be very clean, and what is neat--you only need water and an
electrical outlet, so the cost of operation would be almost zero.

I have never seen one, but I would like to have one, I think. I am guessing
that you would control the flame by turning the current up or down.