Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] teddysnips@hotmail.com is offline

Default Consumer unit trips without reason that I can find

On 15 Feb, 14:46, Adrian wrote:
teddysnips ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

It's the lower master "trip" that trips - the one controlling the second
row of individual trips. *These trips are labelled "Hob", "Sockets -
kitchen", "Sockets - Upstairs", "Sockets - Garage", "Sockets -
Extension", "Immersion Heater", "Cooker", "Hall/Lounge sockets
downstairs".

Given that the rate of failure is so low and MTBF so long (for
elimination purposes), and that the sub-master trip is what goes (rather
than the individual trip for the misperforming part of the system),

Silly question - it couldn't just be being overloaded, could it? What
rating's that master got, and what's the sum of the ratings below it?

Not at all a silly question - I'll take a look when I get home.
Thanks

Edward