Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] teddysnips@hotmail.com is offline

Default Consumer unit trips without reason that I can find

On 15 Feb, 14:50, adder1969 wrote:
On Feb 15, 2:41*pm, wrote:
*off and see if everything carries on

working (plus it didn't trip for the 9 days we were away). *Would
using an RCD on the fridge tell us anything - such as this

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...W&Criteria=rcd...

http://tinyurl.com/26zt6u?

Could it be a fault in the consumer unit itself?

Thanks

Edward

If you're not worried that there's an actual hazardous fault anywhere
then you could move a circuit from the RCD side to the non-RCD side,
perhaps starting with the fridge circuit. *(It sounds like you have a
split load unit - sockets on the RCD, lights on the non-RCD)

The consumer unit is just a box of components so I guess it could be a
particular component in there isn't right.

I'm not worried that there's an actual hazardous fault anywhere, but
that's only because none of us has been electrocuted recently. I
think you're right, we do have a split load circuit. Presumably it's
an electrician's job to do the circuit moving as you suggest?

Thanks

Edward