Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default Consumer unit trips without reason that I can find

On Feb 15, 2:41*pm, wrote:
off and see if everything carries on
working (plus it didn't trip for the 9 days we were away). *Would
using an RCD on the fridge tell us anything - such as this

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...W&Criteria=rcd...

http://tinyurl.com/26zt6u?

Could it be a fault in the consumer unit itself?

Thanks

Edward

If you're not worried that there's an actual hazardous fault anywhere
then you could move a circuit from the RCD side to the non-RCD side,
perhaps starting with the fridge circuit. (It sounds like you have a
split load unit - sockets on the RCD, lights on the non-RCD)

The consumer unit is just a box of components so I guess it could be a
particular component in there isn't right.