Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Wood Bleach

On Feb 14, 8:11*pm, Ted wrote:
I turned some wet apple into natural edge bowls. *They turned out
great. *BUT...

After a few days they started to get some black mold spots. *I used
some wood bleach on them and it got rid of the mold spots and whitened
up the sap wood. *They looked great. *BUT...

Now they have been setting for about a week or so. *I went out today
to finish sand them and they all have turned pink. *Mostly the sap
wood. *Now they don't look so great.

This is the first time I ever used wood bleach. *Is there something I
could have done wrong? *Is there a way to get rid of the pink color?
Help!!

Ted

Hi Ted
I don't think you can reverse what you have done.
So I would suggest you either live with it or sand or turn it off.
The bleaching is almost always very shallow, but it takes a while
sanding,
if you can return it you would get it dome a lot quicker.
Next time you have some mold just wipe it off with a dry rag, then get
a little drier place for it,
the mold stain from just a few days old does sand off easy
Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo