Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Hi Effic Furnace vent Pipes covered with snow

In article
,
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I recently asked a simliar question over at
http://www.hvacmechanic.com/forums/forums.htm.

My question related to extending the pipe *horizontally* along my
exterior wall just so that I didn't see the steam outside my kitchen
window - more of an asthetic issue than anything else. The answer I
got was a resounding No! due to the possibility of the condensation
freezing up and causing problems. In other words, with more pipe
exposed to the elements, I was asking for trouble.

That's a good point. Now that I think about it, I have never seen more than a
12-18-inches exposed pipe.
--

JR