Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default Brown water from outside hydrant?

On Feb 14, 5:19 pm, legbuh wrote:

Now when I use the water in the hydrant it runs for about 20 seconds,
then turns brownish, and clears up in about 2 minutes.

My parents had a shop built between their house and well. To get
water to it, the builder ran a new line from the house back to the
shop. I wondered why they didn't just T the line from the well (since
they cut it with a dozer anyways) rather than go all the way back with
a new line. Water doesn't care which way it's running out of the
header tank, right?

You might have found out why.

I'll bet the brown water is just stirred up gunk from inside the pipe
and will go away after a while. The loss of water pressure is a
design problem.