Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John John is offline

Default Quartz Overhead Radiant Heater

In message , Comcast
Newsgroups writes
I have visited another turner who uses this heater and it works very well.
Although it doesn't have a fan it quickly heats the area where you place it.
Comes with wheels and a lengthy hose.

On wheels, single burner:
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...uct_6970_20017
8574_200178574

There other Mr. Heater types that have 2/3 burners which allows you to run
one or all 2/3 burners (see below link). Run at 8 to 42K btu. This one is
attached directly to the propane tank, heavier to move:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...uct_6970_20033
2707_200332707

These are sold in many online stores, including Amazon.com. I selected this
link because of the good description and photos of each heater.

Good Luck...............Ralph

Do I assume from these pictures that the heaters are naked flame ?

If so, I would recommend they are turned off during extended sanding
sessions as you have a potentially explosive atmosphere in a cloud of
dust.( hopefully if the wood has been turned well little sanding would
be needed) Even if you use an extractor system to collect the dust. If
its in the same room, there is a chance of the collection bag failing
and allowing a large quantity of dust to escape.

I have been looking at heating for my workshop, and have avoided Propane
heaters with open flame, and Open Coil electric heaters, for this
specific reason. The option that seems most favourable at the moment for
my needs is an oil filled radiator, although it has reduced heating
ability compared to the other methods

--
John