Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trying to form a Union

Tom Gardner wrote:

Cool! Microsoft and other software companies have programs to supply software
to charity donated computers, as you probably know. I know a lot of companies
donate a lot of equipment to charity, some only a couple of years old...better
than what we have in the office! Best of luck!

Thank You. There is a local group that has the microsoft approval
and does computers for churches and other religious groups, but they
charge for the equipment. I have been working with windows 98 SE and
ME, because they are abandoned OS. I dig through the spare hard drives
to find a drive to match the COA on the cabinet. I won't install or
upgrade the OS beyond what it was licensed for. About 25% of the
donated computers can be used to build working systems. I have finally
started seeing a few XP computers. I had a local construction company
drop off all of their Dell computers with 2000 pro, and one XP,
recently. It looks like all the motherboards are bad.

This keeps me busy when I can't work in the shop, and helps others,
at the same time. I have offered the working Win 95 computers to a
local day care center. They will be used in their classrooms with
educational software. No network and no modems. I probably have a
dozen Packard Bell towers in storage, and i'd rather give them away,
than to scrap them for hardware. The cases and motherboards are
proprietary, and the hard drives are too small to be useful

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida