Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Electronic advice Off Topic I know but yous guys is smart

What's that Lassie? You say that Dan fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Thu, 14 Feb 2008 02:53:47 GMT:

As far as why the defrost controllers are failing, I feel it is a
manufacturing problem. I took the cover off the latest failed
controller and found a burnt capacitor. 22uf 50V. I bought 3 of them
for $.75. I'll solder it in and have a spare.

you can always use a higher voltage cap. in its place. Might last
longer if it is failing from over voltage spikes.

Dan
--

Dan