Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Propane + air silver soldering small parts?

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:30:26 -0500, "Tom M"
wrote:

" wrote in message

I need a small cheap propane
and AIR or that uses AIR not Oxygen (way too expensive $10 for 15
minutes is tooo much) to do silversoldering on small parts. I mean
real silver soldering that is high temperature and results in high
strength attachment as in saxophone parts like keys that I want to
make. There is a type of solder with silver in it but I mean 1200F
melting temp solder that is almost brazing temp.

Check this out. Air-Acetylene for silver brazing.

http://products.esabna.com/EN/home/g...1a711.50714684

That'd be my suggestion as well - one of the top two outfits on that
page, depending on the actual size of the parts. Additional larger or
smaller tips are inexpensive. I think the Swirljet tips would be
unnecessarily harsh for the intended use.

A MAPP torch like this would probably also work, but nowhere near as
well.
http://www.toolfetch.com/Category/We...28-GP-360R.htm

--
Ned Simmons