Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Electronic advice Off Topic I know but yous guys is smart

Dan wrote:
Do you know why the previous cap failed? What steps have you taken to be sure the new cap doesn't fail? What other components failed or were weakened?

No I don't know why the cap failed. I'm hoping it was just a bad cap.

It *is* possible that this one component failed and you repaired the board by replacing
the cap. That is not a safe bet however. Fast forward 15 months. You will be very
unhappy if the currently installed board fails and your 'repaired' board is revealed to
have other issues which prevent it from working properly. You are now into a third board
that you need to purchase during another 'refrigerator emergency'.

Disclaimer: I own a Maytag fridge as well and am not looking forward to dealing with their
design issues:
http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...php/t-223.html

Anyhow, best of luck to you.

--Winston