Posted to uk.d-i-y
somebody somebody is offline

Default Silicone Gap?

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
Could anyone advise if this gap between the cistern & the wall is too big to
fill with silicone?

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...iletgap009.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...iletgap008.jpg

Whilst you have long been doing a good job in your chosen field, I am
slightly concerned that your experience as a handy man is failing you
here.

That isn't a gap. It is clearly a public right of way.

If you don't have the requisite experience in footpath, access and right
of way laws, you could be heading into a minefield.

If on the other hand you feel confidant enough with the legalities, you
could just puncture a can of expanding foam behind it, evacuate the room
and trim off the bits you don't need the day after.

I have to be honest though, there are a few bods on u.l.m who would get
right upset if you blocked it. There are probably horses, cars, carts
and even football teams who rely on that right of way. Even the highways
agency need permission to block off a trunk route.

;-)
Someone