Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Insurance on heating system? ? ?

On Feb 14, 10:26*am, "Ray" wrote:
Our very old six-unit coop building uses an oil-fired boiler furnace. The
last one we had lasted for only eight years.

Is it possible to get insurance on boilers? If so, where?

What you want is a warranty program or service plan, not insurance.
Every warranty program that I've seen for something like this has not
been a good deal. Why are you so concerned about a boiler for a six
unit coop? Usually boilers last a lot longer than 8 years. If it
goes, you split the cost 6 ways and it shouldn't be such an
extraordinary expense. It will be a lot less than paying for some
warranty program that MIGHT cover whatever goes wrong. Most of them
try to wiggle out with various loopholes. I'd get yearly maintenance
and fuggeda bout it!