Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Way off topic - plastics help please...

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:17:35 -0800 (PST), npwbill
wrote:

I note there's a lot of general knowledge out there in this group and
I have hopes that someone is familiar with plastics to make some
suggestions. I've cross posted to one other group.

I'm not familiar with what all is available today in the plastic/
polymer field. What two plastics, choosing, say, PVC, Polyethylene,
UHMW, ABS, and so on, are the slickest, or will wear well against ONE
ANOTHER?

I can't tell you what will be slickest or longest wearing, but a
couple common combinations that work well are Delrin(acetal) on
Nylatron(moly filled nylon) and Delrin/UHMW. Both Nylatron and UHMW
are used for the slider beds and wear strips in conveying systems with
Delrin chains. Rex Tabletop, Sideflex, and Multiflex are examples of
this type of chain. It's been a long time since I've used any of
these, but I'm pretty sure Rex has data in their literature.

Here perhaps:
http://www.delzer.com/v5fmsnet/LinkP...x/8rxEM-en.pdf

--
Ned Simmons