Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Bachman John Bachman is offline

Default dc power on-off with single pole momentary switch

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:22:43 -0600, Bill Degener
wrote:

John Bachman wrote:
The subject tells the goal. Here is the rest of the story. There is
no micro available. It is preferred to use a dual comparator such as
393 as one of those is already part of the design and having two of
one device is preferable to one of these and one of those.

I have tried and failed. Others care to give it a crack?

John

My ESR meter works like that. check out this schematic and see if you
can use the circuit. http://www.mainelectronics.com/pdf/k7204inst.pdf

Yes, I am quite familiar with that design. See
www.anatekcorp.com/blueesr.htm. Bob Parker and I collaborate on these
things and the design I am now adapting is his flyback/LOPT tester
kit.

The ESR meter uses the micro to turn off. I have no micro in this
design.

Thanks anyway.

John