Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Mueller Nick Mueller is offline

Default expanation of 3 phaze power

Jerry wrote:

I thought it could be beneficial that when one 3 phase motor is spinning
it provides a 3 phase voltage across it's three legs. Â*That makes the
first motor to act as a rotary converter for the second motor.

And that is simply wrong. I explained why. You can ignore it if you want.
Two questions to help you understand why you are wrong:
Q1: If only one motor is running and the other two standing still, how can
those two standing motors help to generate the missing phases, especially
considering that they are not connected (they are not running and you don't
want them to run)?

Q2; With all motors running, which motor is generating the missing phases
for which one? Is that M1 for M2 and M2 for M3 and M3 for M1? Or is it the
other way round? Or -in conclusion- how can a motor *at* *the* *same*
*time* both generate and consume the phases made by the other two motors?

You wrote that I dont want to draw a diagram of this machine. Â* Â*You cant
either unless you know something that isnt written in this thread.

Sure I can. There aren't that many possibilities how the motors are
connected to the power.

I dont know if the motors run simultaneously or in sequence.

I explained both scenarios and they both don't help/work.

I ask you to think about what you write
before you complain about any mistakes *I* have made. Â*Or, of course, you
are invited to tell me precisely where I have written something that *is*
in error.

Did you read my answer? What didn't you understand?
Doesn't help to continue the discussion that way.

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de