Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave[_21_] Dave[_21_] is offline

Default Frigiddaire 50 pint dehumidifier question

I have this unit. It works fine, but the settings on it are 50, 60, 70% and
continuous. I read a review on this unit a while back where a person plugged
the unit into an external dehumidistat and put the dehumidifier on
continuous setting. He said the external dehumidistat settings ranged from
20% to 80%. He said the external unit did a good job of controlling the
dehumidifier. I would like to be able to get my Frigidaire down to 20 to 40%
when needed. I have my woodshop in my basement and on real humid and rainy
days I want to set it to a lower level. I don't want my saw table top or
other tools to be in danger of rusting. My question is, do any of you know
where I can buy an external unit?
Thanks for your help.