Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default btu,s on new stove.?

"J.Lef" wrote:

Hello to all:
The better half wants(needs) a new range.
She says she needs more btus.
Our existing old school burners are all 9100 btus,
The one she is looking at has five burners, but the highest one will
be 17,000 btu.

Yes that 17,000 will be almost twice as hot as your 9100s. I
bought a 5 burner gas range just a few years ago. I couldn't tell
you the BTUs offhand, but the big burner on the lowest setting is
hotter than the smallest one on the highest setting.

I thought it would be confusing- but I've grown to like it. I can
simmer a small pot on the tiny burner- or bring a big pot to a boil in
no time on the giant one.

There are 4 different sized burners in my 5. One huge, 2 big, 1
medium & one tiny. The difference in actual use is noticeable.

Jim