Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Prob with CRT Replacement

On Feb 13, 9:48*pm, JR North wrote:
Never mind. The deflection coils weren't on the replacement CRT.....
JR

JR North wrote:
OK, I have 2 Toshiba 9" TV/DVDs. One (brand new, ebay, $20)had a gassed
CRT, so I took the tube out of the other one (ebay, $1, scratched up
case) which worked perfectly. The first one works fine with the replaced
tube. Now 1 1/2 years later, I buy a "new" CRT, (ebay) same part#, to
get the second one up and running. After installing the tube, just a
bright dot in the center of the screen on power-up. *All the connections
went normally. Is this indicative of a defective tube? The set worked
fine before removing the old CRT.
JR

* * * * Home Page:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

That was almost too obvious.