Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Clausing 5914 and Dickson Toolpost

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:48:19 GMT, Trevor Jones
wrote:

I was present in a shop when two, much larger than would ever fit on a
lathe I would have at home, the posts themselves being a decent 30 or so
pounds each, were being offered up for the taking. A large box of tool
holders was present and offered as well.

But for that I was travelling by air, I would have made them part of
my luggage... sigh

Some deals are too good to take....

On one site visit, I scrounged a 1 x 4 x 12" lump of steel. When I
checked in for the flight home, they wouldn't accept it as cabin
baggage and put it in a rather large (suitcase size) cardboard box.
Upon arrival at my destination, on the off chance that it just might
show up, I went to baggage claim and, sure enough, there was my box,
complete with contents on the carousel.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada