Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default Angle Iron/Aluminum

On Feb 13, 7:54 pm, Searcher7 wrote:
I am working on a project that will require me to create a ledge the
turns down at a 90 degree angle.

It has to be as resistant as possible to oxidation(ie:sweaty hands),
and also as dark as possible.(Preferably black).

The angle iron I've found at Home Depot has some sort of paint/coating
that doesn't seem durable, and the angle Aluminum there is too bright.

I'd appreciate any other ideas for a materials/coatings that may fit
my needs.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Check out powder coating. It is powdered plastic that is sprayed on
the metal, then melted.

Aluminum will oxidize in just a few minutes. The coating on steel is
scale and should be ground/sanded off before painting or powder
coating.

Paul