Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Electronic advice Off Topic I know but yous guys is smart

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you guys.

As far as why the defrost controllers are failing, I feel it is a
manufacturing problem. I took the cover off the latest failed
controller and found a burnt capacitor. 22uf 50V. I bought 3 of them
for $.75. I'll solder it in and have a spare.

I did a search on the web for
Maytag MSD2556AEW defrost controller failure and found a ton of
information. These things are failing at a high rate. And they fit
several model refrigerators. The next one that goes, I'm going to
extend the wires so the controller and plug sit on the top shelf and
changing it will take about 30 seconds, instead of the 1 hour it takes
me now.
Thanks again for all your suggestions.
Dan