Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Trying to form a Union

"William Wixon" wrote in message

"Greg O" wrote in message
m...
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

It is funny that I work in a shop with union plumbers, but the rest of
the shop is non-union, and looks to stay that way. The union guys are
treated like outside hired help, no keys to the shop, company trucks are
left at the shop, and when work gets slow, they get laid off. On the
other hand us non-union guys have keys, company trucks we drive home, and
full use of the shop after hours. Also when work gets slow, the boss
keeps us around doing matainance in the shop, what ever it takes to keep
us around and a paycheck coming.
Greg

Unless there are factors involved other than the ones you're telling us, it
seems pretty clear that your employer is in violation of the NLRA, Section
8. That's a pretty heavy offense.

--
Ed Huntress