Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default Trying to form a Union

"Greg O" wrote in message
m...
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

It is funny that I work in a shop with union plumbers, but the rest of the
shop is non-union, and looks to stay that way. The union guys are treated
like outside hired help, no keys to the shop, company trucks are left at
the shop, and when work gets slow, they get laid off. On the other hand us
non-union guys have keys, company trucks we drive home, and full use of
the shop after hours. Also when work gets slow, the boss keeps us around
doing matainance in the shop, what ever it takes to keep us around and a
paycheck coming.
Greg

no surprise there. would be an interesting experiment to see what would
happen if the union guys went away.

b.w.