Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trying to form a Union

Millwright Ron wrote:

On Feb 13, 11:14 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Millwright Ron wrote:

Good morning

Hey, Ronnie, you old union pusher! Tell us something. If unions are
perfect why did the employees at Microdyne vote them out, just a couple
years after voting them in?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Hello to you Mike:

I have no idea why Microdyne voted them out but the employees had the
opportunity to vote. That is what's important. The right to vote and
the right to vote with out fear of threats. We should all be allowed
to vote. It is not union verse non-union. It is about the right to
chose.

They voted it out because they realized they had been lied to, and
were being screwed by the union. Things they had taken for granted were
no longer available like flex time, or being able to work in another
department instead of being laid off when the workload changed. No flex
time, they had to use time clocks, and were docked for being late. No
free meals to celebrate landing new contracts, and no bonus checks.

79% of workers agreed that workers are "very" or "somewhat" likely to
be fired for trying to organize a union.
Brent Garren, "When the Solution Is the Problem: NLRB Remedies and
Organizing Drives," 51 Labor Law Journal 76, 78; 2000

78%of workers during union organizing drives are forced to attend
closed-door or isolated meetings with supervisors.
Kate Bronfenbrenner, "Uneasy Terrain: The Impact of Capital Mobility
on Workers, Wages and Union Organizing," U.S. Trade Deficit Review
Commission, 2000.

12%of U.S. workers have a union in their workplace, but 53% of U.S.
workers would like one.
U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, "Union Members
in 2006," Current Population Survey, January 2007. Peter D. Hart
Research Associates, December 2006.

49%of employers illegally threaten to close a worksite during union
organizing drives if workers choose to form a union.
Chirag Mehta and Nik Theodore, Undermining the Right to Organize:
Employer Behavior During Union Representation Campaigns, Center for
Urban Economic Development, University of Illinois at Chicago, Dec.
2005.

91%of employers force employees to attend one-on-one anti-union
meetings with their supervisors during union organizing drives.
Chirag Mehta and Nik Theodore, Undermining the Right to Organize:
Employer Behavior During Union Representation Campaigns, Center for
Urban Economic Development, University of Illinois at Chicago, Dec.
2005

42 millionemployees who are not represented by a union would like to
have representation at work. Richard Freeman and Joel Rogers, "A
Proposal to American Labor," The Nation, June 24, 2002; Freeman and
Rogers, What Workers Want, ILR Press, 1999.

23%of workers in majority sign-up campaigns report management coercion
to oppose the union. Adrienne Eaton, Ph.D. of Rutgers University, and
Jill Kriesky, Ph.D. of Wheeling Jesuit University Fact Over Fiction
March 2006.

23%of workers in majority sign-up campaigns report management coercion
to oppose the union.
Adrienne Eaton, Ph.D. of Rutgers University, and Jill Kriesky, Ph.D.
of Wheeling Jesuit University Fact Over Fiction March 2006.

All of which means nothing to people who can think for themselves.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida