Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can you remove/reduce the orange colour of pine which has ageda while?

wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to find a fireplace secondhand on Ebay and would like
the wooden surround to roughly match the stripped pine doors. However
it's proving very difficult to find one I like which hasn't been
stained or if unstained, doesn't have a very orange tinge.

If pine is unstained but orange in colour is there any way to reduce
or remove this colour, ie make it paler/whiter? Thanks.

You can burn it or cover it in paint.

Both recommended.

;-)